3.19.2009

The World Likes Even Numbers

...which is my explanation for why, the very next morning, our van suffered a flat tire midway to church, the only flat tire we've had since I carried Millie inside me. I believe the other reason for the flat was my absolute smugness that we'd left the house early for church that morning, an occurrence so rare that I don't expect anyone to actually believe it.

I told the girls four tales of Serifia, who entranced them with her world of Whizzing Wangdoodles (or is it Wanging Whizzdoodles?)*, her father who eats fish for every meal, and her mother who communicates only through singing. *Either way, I thank you, Roald Dahl.

Between the stories and free SoyJoy bars*, they were perfectly happy.
*Thank you, CVS, with your ECB lunacy. Return! Return to your former glory!


Though she received no SoyJoy bar, this one was happy, too.




We arrived to church one and a half hours late. It's a good thing the first service is two hours long, huh.

THE END. (Aren't you glad?)

No comments :