6.20.2013

Still in the Thick of It



...whatever "It" is.
I still have thoughts and words beyond captions.  
I still say, "Someday."




Friday, I took some pictures of Piper and roses and chickens.  
Saturday I took pictures of my Dad's birthday picnic.  I post legions of them, badly exposed and awful, for the sake of the brothers and sisters and cousins who could not come. 


 


I haven't touched the camera since last Saturday, although I did take a picture of Susie with the small camera the night before last.  I'll have to find the small camera before I post it, but the snapshots on it aren't as pretty as roses, anyway.  Sliced nostrils and stitches never are, although Susannah herself is lovely.

I ended in bad taste, didn't I?  Before I head out to finish the garden at long last, Lord willing, here are some words well worth reading for parents and non-parents alike.  A friend of mine from college wrote it last week, and if you must skip the pictures that follow in lieu of her post, do so!  It's that good.  (Thanks SadieC.P.)

3 comments :

Deborah Anne said...

Those black and whites are stunning.

Abigail said...

They look like they've been carefully cut out of paper. I like it, too.

Rebecca said...

I often feel like crying out in desperation "I HAVE THOUGHTS!" but I don't have time to do them justice- so I smother the blog with pictures instead. Ah well. 'Tis the season.

I enjoyed reading that article- and your friend is so so so right.