1.19.2017

Christmas Afternoon


We spent the afternoon opening gifts from Grandma and Grandpa and making dinner, savoring the slowness and joy of those brightly colored bits that we wrap around a solid center-- Christ in the impossible form of a baby, arriving in this dark world with His light.





Dudette, I tried, but not very hard.  After 30 seconds, I gave up, so this is what you get. :)















We had family up for evening desserts, and John pulled out some board games.  Pitch Car hovered on a table above a floor littered with paper and pogo sticks.  I took this picture as I secured myself last place in the game (so far behind that there should have been an award) and then retired to bed, but the children told me the next morning they played board games until eleven.  Not a bad end to the day.






No comments :