1.15.2021

Real Time, Exclusively for Aponi Joi


Retirement Home for Tiny Horses...
HA! That label made me laugh aloud when I saw it. 

I wish I had been better prepared, but while sitting on the couch holding Ransom, I snapped a bit of the chaos. We opened your surprise package a few hours ago, and the children have been playing ever since. The older girls love the bracelets and postcards, too! (F.y.i. An entire Butterfinger disappeared! It simply vanished! Everyone-- including ME-- is utterly mystified. Mys...ti....fied.....burp.) 

Oh, and Grandma just came up! I didn't get a picture, so you'll have to imagine Aidan running to meet her with his fists full of cars. He and Zeke showed her that one of them glows in the dark, and when she said she wished she could see it glow, Aidan triumphantly proclaimed, "You CAN!" He came running back into the kitchen and draped a huge blanket over her head so that she could play with the glowing car, too. She looked like a tiny, maroon ghost. And now I wish I had grabbed the camera. 😂







Susannah noticed the camera; Annika did not.







Everyone had to pick out favorites.





Aidan was amazed that the lollipop was too large to even fit in his mouth.















And here's a shabby video-- just imagine this going on for a while. :) (And pardon the legos-and-laundry mess; we opened the package during pre-afternoon chores time, when the house always looks like a tornado zone.)

THANK YOU!




2 comments :

cadie said...

Now I want to send them a surprise package! (Actually, I was already wanting to, partly due to certain brothers showing me up!) ;-)

I love the story about Mopsy and the glow-in-the-dark car!

Abigail said...

I'm pretty sure YOU were the one to start surprise-spoil-the-Owens! Just yesterday, Cadence was showing me her stickers from you that she is STILL saving in a special folder. I think they're too special for her to use!

And, also, if we get any more surprises, I think we'll be ruined for good. There's probably a limit to gifts one can be give before one turns into stinky cheese.