1.28.2021

Real Time; Real Winter

A week and a half ago, I remarked to Millie that I've really enjoyed this winter, with heaps of snow and a lack of sub-zero temperatures. The next day, Real Winter arrived with bitter cold and wild wind that remain like long-lingering salesmen.


The car got stuck trying to leave our driveway for Captain chores this morning (d'you like how I blame the car and not the Mama driving it?), and it us took over an hour to get it back up the icy driveway with the oldest two helping me shovel and scrape and lay down rubber mats for traction. 

When we ran out of salt, I wanted them to fetch some more and bellowed over the wind, "HEY! GO GET SOME MORE ICE!"   They burst out laughing. Once I realized my mistake, I shouted, "I MEAN, GO GET SOME MORE SNOW!!!"

Obviously, they laughed more. Obviously, my brain was frozen. 
The best part is that until we got the car where it belonged, I made the same mistake several more times.

 No wonder winter's giving us all he's got. I'm quite literally asking for it!

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Well- STOP! ;-)

Abigail said...

I've tried taking it all back! Winter's holding me to it.