2.02.2021

Leftovers from Before-Ransom



My chum extraordinaire hosted a surprise baby shower for me a couple of weeks before Ransom came, with church friends and surprise friends (Heidi! Elizabeth! Anna!) gathering to celebrate. Not much is better than having people you love rejoice over a baby you love. That's the way it should always be! Go here to see pictures. (The lemon cookies were the best ever.)

The next day I laid all the loot out on our bed to put it away and had to laugh. What tenth baby is this spoiled??? 



What MAMA of a tenth baby is this spoiled??? :)



And, because I ran out of my gifted Burt's Bees baby products a couple of babies ago, they were lavish enough to replenish the stores...and more. 



I don't usually buy diaper rash ointment anymore but had splurged on a Walmart tube before Ransom came. Sorry Parent's Choice. I'm leaving you to run off with Burt and his bees. It's no contest!



It is a great gift to have those who love us also know the blessing of babies. Thank you, everyone, for surrounding us with care and spoiling us so!







Onward, ho!
Dude built the largest leaf pile in the history of the Old Homestead. The children covered it with tarps before rain and enjoyed it until we needed it for the garlic beds. 





They put it to Very Good Use.

















Skylark's jump buried her neck-deep.





And, for Aponi, here are pictures of the cutest miniature horse as he lives the dream.








Okay, well, THIS part's probably not so dreamy...





...but he doesn't seem to mind, as long as there's an ample supply of grass.





 And, lastly, Dude turns lumberjack and topples the dead maple.





4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Hey! Zeke is making progress!

Abigail said...

Slow and steady wins the race... :)

Rebecca said...

I keep meaning to give you the recipe for the lemon crinkle cookies. They are super simple because they require cake mix (that I think your excess food pantry surplus provided me with in the first place). I was in the cupboard and found another lemon cake mix box which reminded me to pop on here and give it to you already.

https://www.iheartnaptime.net/lemon-cake-mix-cookies/

Any flavored cake mix would work for cookies, but lemon cookies are the best.

Abigail said...

Thanks!
I was craving those lemon cookies, so Millie found a recipe before our family cookie party in January that, to my recollection, hit that same lemony spot, but doesn't require special ingredients. (Ha! Yeah, cake mix is a "special ingredient." You get it, though!)