11.19.2021

Real Time

 What you get when you ask your (homeschooled, un-televisionated) children what they'd like for Christmas:


Me: Hey, Zeke, is there anything special you'd like Papa and me to give you for Christmas?


Zeke, eyes suddenly aflame with excitement: Yeeeeesss! Can I please have the rusty, old axe from the wellhouse?!


...then he launched into all of his plans for said axe, which mostly involved rust removal, repair, and sharpening using Grandma's stone. I'm guessing after that would come all manner of adventure and unintentional self-injuty. 

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

I'm not sure what it will say about you if you DO give him his most-wished-for request.

But I still hope you do.

And I'm not sure what that must say about me....

Abigail said...


He asks all the time, always phrased "Can I please have that rusty, old axe from the wellhouse?" followed by plans of cleaning, sharpening, and now, of using it to make kindling for the stove. I refuse to give a direct answer because....

I'M PLANNING ON GIVING HIM THAT RUSTY OLD AXE FROM THE WELLHOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS!

Do not tell.

(Aidan has asked for mittens and tea. Tea for his cold belly; mittens for his cold hands. Man, these kids are easy.)

Abigail said...

Kids are usually baby goats.
I apologize for the confusion.
(Sometimes, though, it's hard to tell the difference.)