3.24.2021

Starting the Meal with Leftovers


I decided to put up a blog post this afternoon because my other two options were as follows:

1. Create and submit excruciatingly late quarter reports to the school district.

or

2. Descend into the Basement of Horror and Doom to chip away at horror and doom. 

___________________________________


Hey, howdy! Here's a blog post!
I found a few pictures on my phone from early November to get this ball rolling.

___________________________________


Deborah and I display our matching bellies and matching bowls of Unmatched Purdyville Ice Cream. (Yes, those are "normal" portions.)






Right before Ransom was born, Ezekiel surprised me with a fancy snack of warm, cinnamon apples, enough for six people my size.








I found this picture on my phone. Apparently, someone wanted to record their dishwashing achievement. 






Millie couldn't deliver these to the hospital, but I gobbled them once I got home. It's like a coconut chocolate dream.






Ransom with his sunbeam blanket from Anna.







I'm still wearing maternity shirts four months later (totally blaming that bowl of Purdyville ice cream Titi dished up), but at least that first week home, Ransom was small enough to fit inside of them.











I gave Skylark a treat one morning-- a few tablespoons of my coffee. This is her guilty face when I asked if she added any sugar to it.





And here's the evidence left in her cup.








Ransom's last diaper from his baby shower was a little too true. He's oblivious to it all.







The younger ones gathered around Lucinda like moths to a Light,






and she has a sleeping babe in arms, to boot.






The Nixie still matches her eyes to her shirt, all these years later






Mildred is quicker on the draw than I am.







Ransom at a week old.










And I'm even posting leftover videos!


Here's video evidence of John's spoiling of the boys.





And here are more New Baby Noises, because I love them.












4 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Those two videos win everything.

Giddy boys with HUGE sacks of candy, and the most brilliant baby making precious sounds of amazingness.

Abigail said...

WE STILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE LOLLIPOPS.

From months ago.
It's ridiculous!
I told the boys if Papa ever does that again in their lifetimes, to pick sourpatch kids. There's no way I'd let those collect dust on top of the refrigerator. ;)

Rebecca said...

I am loving the videos you are posting these days. Sweet!

Abigail said...

...especially when they involve so much sugar.