12.02.2021

Funny Bunny Turns Five



Last year, Cadence wanted her cake to have lots of pang-pangs and snow and ice and a bunny swimmin', which led to Bunny visiting Pang-Pang in Antarctica. This year during our birthday cake discussion, I talked her down from more elaborate forest panoramas to a simple visit by Pang-Pang to Bunny in the forest, a la Country Mouse and City Mouse (no extra animals-- deer, raccoon, bear, etc., included).

They had a spring birthday picnic, appropriately enough.










The cake was so much fun to decorate, and I kept cooing over it as I plopped each item on.






I stole some miniature cups and saucers from the dollhouse, and while I sculpted the mini birthday cake, Susannah hand-painted toothpicks for candles. AGGGHH! THEY'RE SO CUTE! I can barely handle it.






Funny Bunny was pleased, which made us happy.






That is the entire point, after all.

















She is big enough to light her own candles, thank you very much!









What a long way this little girl as come in five years! The world is changing from one of frightful terrors (dandelions! dogs! cars! planes! people! along with all the other scary things!) to a big place she approaches with curiosity and an odd little quirk of the mouth.  Underneath her quiet exterior bubbles a lively humor and a wonderfully strange little soul. You happy girl, we love you!








2 comments :

Rebecca said...

What a cake! All I can think about it how many different colors it took to make such a sweet little scene.

A delightful cake for a delightful girl... and she looks DELIGHTED by it! Well done!

Abigail said...

I just make a big ol' vat of white fondant and work in the colors by hand in little lumps as I shape them. It really takes no time at all! And, by the end, my duds are usually stained like a rainbow.