5.01.2021

Real Time

 Aidan has been having a difficult time lately in rejoicing with those who rejoice, particularly with the mass of celebrations from four April birthdays, none of which were his, so I've been reminding him that we are to join with our brothers and sisters in both their joy and their sorrow.

John just arrived home early from work to pick up Piper and Luci for a book sale date, and since Aidan was noticeably moping about their good fortune, I started an impromptu song called "Rejoice with those who rejoice!" while doing a lively jig, to no avail. Then Zeke piped in, "And moan with those who moan, Aidan. Moooooan with those who moooooan."

(I just asked him what the verse is, and he said, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and moan with those who moan...if I am correct.")  
Close enough, my boy.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I can just hear him saying that "If I am correct" bit.

He's not far off.

Abigail said...

"...if I am two-wekt." :)