5.04.2021

THREE FEET OF SNOW IN MAY!!!!!!!!!!



 

Oh, wait.
Never mind. These are pictures from the week before Christmas.

As everyone reading this already knows, we got a bit over three feet of snow in December! Expecting only a foot and waking to find everything mushroomed under three feet of snow thrilled all of us (except probably John, who does not thrill to such things).

This may be the most snowfall my children experience in their lifetimes, and I wanted them to enjoy every inch of it....which I'm pretty sure they did, apart from that one night I won't mention when I was surly while shoveling off the chicken coop roof in the dark so that it can wait another six months before collapsing.


This was our pre-dawn glimpse, with more snow to come.











John Wayne must love us for bringing him indoors that night.
















I didn't get out to take pictures of the children until later that evening when the snow had compressed several inches, but they still loved it.






Contrary to appearances...














If you don't know THIS Susannah, you're missing out.









Watch for it...





Wham.








FOUR FEET OF SNOW BURIED ANNIKA ALIVE!!!!





AND THE REST OF MY CHILDREN!!!!
(Not really.)














Zeke is levitating. 






Later that evening, the children started shoveling out the cars. 






Ransom begged to experience it all, too, so I obliged.


























And here are two bonus videos I found on my phone, compliments of Susannah and Millie.













5 comments :

Molly said...

You guys do snow and do it well. This is the kind of snow day I expected and not the, "snomageddon" Texas received. All I ask is to have some fun in the snow just like the adorable Owen children. I guess I need to travel north to experience snow with the pros!!!

Much love!

Rebecca said...

That snowboard path is so awesome!

Love that perfectly timed snowball hit. How DO you do it?

heidiann(e) said...

That little Ransom-face is SO sweet.

xoxoxoxoxoxo.

Justin said...

"If you don't know THIS Susannah, you're missing out."

Hey, we know, don't rub it in :(

Abigail said...

Molly,
That's because, though I was waiting for it, we were happy to not lose power even once! And even our snow trucks were stuck for over a day. I can't imagine getting what you got without proper snow equipment!

Rebecca,
Luck.

Heidi,
YES! Xoxo back to you all!

Justin,
Eh, you certainly know that girl, and I bet you see glimpses of goof! She's pretty good at camouflaging it sometimes, but she can't suppress it entirely. :)