6.17.2021

Birthday Wren

 

One of the best things about daughters getting older is that the parent-child relationship grows more into friendship. I'm deeply grateful for my friendship with all my children, and Susannah Wren is no exception.  Birdie, you know how much I love you. And thank you. Thank you for everything but especially thank you for encouraging my stupid jokes. You don't know how much it bolsters one's heart to hear your giggle coming from the corner. (Don't let the You Know Whos influence you otherwise. We know better. WE KNOW IT'S FUNNY!)

Okay, back to this fifteen year-old.

Bierocks and apple hand pies for breakfast for the fifth year in the row. Once she hits on a good idea, she sticks with it.






Grr. Darn party hat. I think that invalidates the birthday wish.






I've become so lazy with the camera. 
On Susannah's birthday, I took a picture of the Perfectly Puffing Pitas that Millie made to accompany the birthday supper of souvlaki and tzatziki.  They were beautiful, and Millie was jumping up and down like a girl who's just been given a Christmas pony.




Our dryer was broken for a couple of months, and since our pellet stove was also broken for a few weeks, I had to dry all of our laundry in our kitchen near the wood stove.  Seeing these pictures, I guess I thought it was a good idea to show the results of someone washing something terrible (an entire roll of toilet paper?! I don't know) in the laundry. I was so glad it happened on a birthday. I had nothing else to do apart from shaking out clothes onto the floor, after all.







I have no pictures of her birthday supper, but here is Susannah in front of her 15th birthday wish, which was disguised as ice cream sundaes (also for the fifth year in a row).







What?!! A paper crown also snuffs out the wish. Sigh. Maybe you'll get TWO wishes for your 16th year if you let me take a picture. ;)






2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I think that Susannah grows more beautiful each year and that says a lot because I remember being enamored with her as a baby girl too. But we won't tell her I said that...

Also- I happen to love her choice of birthday victuals. Tzaziki is one of my most favorite things!

Abigail said...

Mine, too! I always love it when the children pick some of my favorite foods for their birthday feasts. Train 'em right...