8.22.2026

BONUS POST!!!! (May 2024)

 

I was a little bit sad when I was sifting through all the photos that people took at Millie's wedding to find that no one had captured some of my favorite decorative details. Objectively, I knew it wasn't a big deal, at all, but still...

The array of gorgeous bouquets that Tim's sister Natalie arranged from purchased flowers and those that we and friends foraged from fields and roadsides and flowerbeds.

The bowls and platters that we heaped with wild moss and ferns, some still living and upright with rootballs attached, collected by friends at great personal risk (Rebecca, Cadie, and Justin). ;) They collected such a prodigious quantity that we placed ferns and moss around every corner, which made Millie's wedding absolutely lovely. 

The lollipops that I may have stayed up all night making, because Millie needed lollipops with her favors, too, by golly!

Ah, well. I resigned myself to having no pictures of these wonderful, fluffy things.

But look!

Behold!

Forsooth!

Two years later, Titi hath pulled pictures from her pocket!!! (Said pocket holds her phone, from which these pictures have sprung.)









































This was one of my favorites. Among the many buckets of ferns and moss Justin delivered (carefully wrapped in wet newspaper to keep them healthy), were some ferns intact in soil instead of in water. I can't believe that I asked them to do this now that I'm far removed from the insanity of wedding-planning, but I loved the idea so much that Zeke and Aidan dug up some additional ones from our little woods at my request on the morning of the wedding, so a few platters and bowls looked like this.





What? Lollipops? Who had time to make a couple hundred lollipops the night before the wedding? (Totally worth it.)

 







I love this picture she took of Henry and Mildred in a sunbeam. 







I'll end this bonus post with two of my favorite pictures of the day, even though they don't feature Mildred or Henry!





As I wrote to Mildred after she sent me all these pictures from Titi, 

"That picture of Evan holding Mallory during the ceremony is making me super-happy, too. I handed her to him in a flurry before the ceremony began, walked down the aisle with Zeke forgetting that I had a baby even though I walked right past her and then sat through the ceremony, only remembering that I had a baby when Papa and I walked past him holding her after the wedding was over. 🤣  What a good guy!"

Yup. It's people like these who save the world from scatterbrained people like me. 







No comments :