8.22.2026

Wedding Day: May 25, 2024



*All pictures on this post were taken from Danielle's gorgeous photography of the day. Her artistry makes it hard to leave many out!



























Last year I tackled Annika's wedding blog post and cried my way through it. Mildred and Henry celebrated 2 years together as man and wife this May, so guess who's been bawling her way through these outdated blog posts? 


Not me, silly. 

I never cry.


__________________________________________________________


The same people who just seven months prior surrounded us with love and hard work to make Annika's wedding a day of beauty and good food stepped forward to do the same for Mildred's wedding day, and it still overwhelms me. The goodness of our friends and family to lighten our load, in some cases lifting it completely off our shoulders, is something I'll never forget, and I don't take it for granted. 

From hunting though woods and fields in order to collect buckets of ferns, moss, and wildflowers, to cooking (and delivering!) massive amounts of food for the reception, to scrubbing bird mess off of outdoor pews and barn floors, to doing hair and nails (including brushing the hair of my poor, neglected bird's-nest littles), to staying up into the wee hours to arrange sumptuous bouquets, to finishing all the details I just could not finish in time by myself, our friends and family stepped up and stood in the gap. Just like on Tim and Annika's wedding, they made Mildred and Henry's day a beautiful one.

And Mildred was radiant.

From Bumpkin to Bride in a blink, our precious girl walked down the aisle to Henry and her future. May God continue to bless you, Mildred and Henry. We miss you keenly, and we love you both. 


























































Even on the morning of Millie's wedding, it wasn't certain that Grandma Owen would be able to make it, so when I turned around and saw Zeke and Dude escorting her down the aisle, I almost cried. Praise the Lord that she was able to muster the strength to be present. Mildred has always had a special relationship with Grandma O. Her absence would have been heartbreaking, and her presence was a gift.



















































































































































No comments :