7.15.2019

February Flying














 
                        (Zeke took this picture of our van's dirt-message from the car
                        as we went to unload stuff at Grandma and Grandpa's new house.)




February on Mt. Hunger is usually a square of quiet after all the holiday pomp and festivities. The decluttering bug that hits in January releases its chokehold, my children breathe a sigh of relief, and we all hunker down into the old rhythms again. And, if I wasn't successful in January, in February, I usually whip up all the Christmas gifts for which I never made time.

Not so this year. I did not declutter, I made no gifts, and no one hunkered into any rhythm because February was the whirliest gig yet. I didn't know which end was up until April! To be honest, I'm still waiting on that slower pace, and I still don't know which end is up. Maybe November will be the magic month. Counting down the days...

Sorry for all the crummy pictures. As everyone has moved with the times to Facebook and Instagram and whatever-is-that-new-let's-show-the-world-too-much place, this blog has become less a spot for attempts at artistic words and images and almost solely a family snapshot receptacle for when our computer crashes. I don't put forth much effort anymore, but my children still like it, and that's good for something, right, kiddos? I love you, my sweet ones.




8 comments :

Abigail said...

p.s.
To clarify, because I care, shotsnaps has always been a family snapshot receptacle and a convenient place to dump everything. I just don't bother to weed much out, anymore! My blurry pictures and even many of Zeke's pictures make the cut. They represent our reality better, anyway, spots and all.

Abigail said...

p.p.s. Still not gonna post pictures of what our upstairs and basement have looked like for the last three months. There's such a thing as TOO much reality, if you get my drift.

Abigail said...

p.p.p.s.
A third comment, because three's the charm....
COMMENT.

heidiann(e) said...

I am glad you continue to do so, in whatever form suits you.

Love from us!

Leah said...

I, too, am glad you continue to post. We miss you all so much!

Molly said...

Here's the "third charm" chiming in...love your posts & pics of the busy and lovable life of the Owen's Family. When I discovered your blog in 2008, while searching for a recipe, the joy of your days lifted my spirits during a low time in my life. We've developed a long-distance friendship that I deeply treasure. Thank you for your continued posts, and friendship - always.

Much love!

Molly said...

P.S. The pictures are never "crummy" no matter who takes them! ALWAYS delightful!!

Much love!

Abigail said...

Thanks, ladies!

Blogging will never die. Blogging will never die. Blogging will never die.

Dinosaurs did, but blogging WILL NOT DIE!

love,
A Dinosaur