7.05.2019

Summertime Sleepover



January counts as summer. In Australia, flowers are blooming!


The fact that I didn't have all the girls over until January is telling. We had a packed summer and fall, and it wasn't until January that I squeezed in the summertime sleepover.

The girls did not complain.







Cadence and Ineke woke up the next morning with a mission.





Honestly, I never really understood what their mission was,






but it involved backpacks and headlamps and was Of Great Importance






I don't know which Twinnie this is (Sorry, Amanda! or Sorry, Audra?), but she had the youngest three enthralled.













All the children went on a walk, leaving just these three and the baby behind. Ineke was disconsolate until I distracted them by parceling out a baggie of candy to each and setting them before a 15-minute children's show. This is unusual, but I figured good parenting skills just weren't going to cut it in this case, and I was right. Wearing pixie hats while simultaneously rotting your teeth and rotting your brain is sometimes the best option. (And don't tell me it's not.)




No comments :