7.15.2019

House Guesting for the Last Time



The month began with a welcome visit from our beloved Dude and Dudette-- another pit stop on their road to a new home-- only, this time, it was the LAST pit stop before their move to a nearby town. Hurrah!

Of course, I took more pictures of the children enjoying their coloring books from your care package, Molly, than I did of G-ma and G-pa Owen, but if you look closely, you'll see them peeking in the corners.


































 And, since we just had a chimney liner installed, this guy couldn't resist firing up the old wood cookstove for her maiden voyage in our house.  If you give a mouse a cookie...





3 comments :

Leah said...

Oh, I'm so excited to know the old cookstove is being used again! Someday we'll have one again.

Molly said...

I believe I'll need to replenish the stash of coloring books, soon! Those are wonderful pictures of John's parents enjoying their stay. I really love the one of Dude and Skylark!

Much love!

Abigail said...

Leah,

I was excited, too! It only took us nine years. :) My Dad had priced a chimney liner before he died, but it was way too expensive. The guy who priced it for Mom was several thousand dollars cheaper. Hurrah!

Molly,
They're not through with these ones yet! Once springtime and summertime hit, the coloring books start collecting dust. Then in September, they poke their heads out and start snagging children again. :)