12.05.2019

Giving Thanks





We had a small gathering of family and friends this year. The day was cozy and low-key, and we made too many pies.











A crafty friend from church gave the family turkey-pops, and we saved them for Thanksgiving favors. Sneaky. Labor-free.






As all the girls grow older and more capable, I have many helping holiday hands. This resulted in a good night's sleep for me AND little children who had spare minutes to watch Little House on the Prairie while we finished up before guests came. It's best viewed three inches from the screen.






Molly! My mom thinks Texas pecans make her pies the best. I tend to agree. :)





This girl was the belle of the ball.





...or, rather, the Turkey of the Forest.





Debbie's peaches and cream pies this year were the loveliest I've ever seen.







For you, Molly, per your request. Eleven pies all in a row. Too many? Not enough?
Could be either, I suppose. :)





When the time came, this tame turkey was ready to dig in.





With thanks.


4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Well, it is a butcher block no longer. From henceforth, in my mind, it will be known as the pie board.

YUM!

(And beautiful table!)

Abigail said...

When Al put it in, he mentioned that I could use it to line up pies! "How many pies do you think I make?" I asked, eyeing all that space. Well, now I know. We'd have room for 22 pies, I think-- more if I used the space wisely and removed the other stuff to make room for more pies.

Molly said...

I agree with your Mom - Texas pecans ARE the best but I am most certainly biased! I am very happy that you enjoy them so much.

Now, the picture of pies is a sight to behold. Your new shelves make this look like a pie shop! Yum!! Beautiful!

Much love!

Abigail said...


Now you have an idea of the shelves for your future pie shop! They can lines all four walls. ;)