12.06.2019

Naptime


Quarter reports are done!
But first-- a timely blog post.

I have only a handful of lackluster snapshots for the first six days of December, but here they are so that  I may hereby fulfill my blog-stated desire to be "caught up by the new year."  St. Nicholas pictures will come later because...well, never you mind why.*


We lost power for a few hours, and Aidan woke up to a magical, candle-filled wonderland.





Playing board games by candlelight during power failures is a family tradition.






Our neighbor got a buck right before the ice storm and asked me to snap a picture.







Yup, now that's a proper country family, right there. (Nice hat, Zyanna.)






Skylark keeps trying to sneak outside dressed in variations on this theme. No worries. We only have a foot of snow.




Speaking of Lark, yesterday morning she climbed out of bed on her own, and I walked past the steps to see her grinning down at me. I took a few lousy pictures to remember how sweetly pert she looked.










*John has been gone since yesterday, I stayed up reading until 3 o'clock in the morning, and I totally forgot about St. Nicholas Day for the first time ever. Don't worry. We're going to Grandma and Grandpa Owen's this afternoon, and I feel confident that St. Nicholas will arrive to fill the shoes while we're away. We're probably just his last stop this year. ;)


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a very sweet human this little Lark is!!!
-Sandy (whose numerous google accounts refuse to let her comment as anything other than Anonymous.)

Abigail said...

She is, indeed.
I had forgotten that you may not have even known she existed! Weird.