12.31.2019

Real Time to Remember: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


...nary a puppy dog tail to be seen for miles.


Cadence, with her archetypal girly voice, "Do you know what I'm going to be when I grow up?"

Big Sister, distracted by clearing the New Year's Eve feasty table, "What?"

Cadence, clarifying, "...when I grow up to the tippy-tippy top of the sky?"

Big Sister: "What?"

Cadence, all dreamy, "A mermaid."

Now that's an impressive New Year's resolution.
Happy New Year, everybody!


2 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Perfect.
I can't wait!

It reminds me of when I was interviewing a 2 year-old of what she thought her new cousin-baby would be when born.

She: A girl.
me: A girl?
she: Yes, a girl.
Me: Okay - you think it will be a girl.
she: (pause) No! A duck!

Abigail said...

HA! I love this!

Children's minds are so interesting. I will never tire of the surprise of them.