2.23.2023

Baby Bumpkin is Assuredly Not a Baby: Millie Turns Twenty

 

Millie let me use her camera to take these pictures on her 20th birthday.
!!!!!!!
What a cute, wee 20-year old Bumpkin she is. ;) 

I'm not sure that Millie knows just how much I love her. She's always been my little, old soul, but she's also always contained a broad streak of sparkly mischief. Now that she's a capable, intelligent, independent young adult, one might think that the streak of mischief has faded.

And one would be dead wrong.




I love that Millie's maturity does not preclude her finding devious delight in blowing out her candle before I can take a picture of the act. She's grinning because I had already re-lit the candle here in an attempt to take a picture. 





Oh, the doe-eyed innocence...








...immediately followed by a smug grin as I yet again fail to capture the magical moment of her blowing out the candle. 


Ah, well. Consider that my birthday present to her.




We had extended company the weekend before and week of Millie's birthday. I have no pictures of any of the Terry or Smeal crews, though. I don't know why. Instead, I have pictures of Millie and food. Solid priorities!


She requested a form of deep-fried potatoes as accompaniment for both her birthday breakfast and her birthday supper, along with chocolate cream pies for dessert. As evening fell, I remember groaning that something needed to change for next year's birthday.  Salads all 'round, everyone!












The wind kept threatening to extinguish Millie's candles before she could. 





But she triumphed. AND SO DID I!!!! Look at that. I caught the magical moment of Millie blowing out her candles. (It helps that there were 20 of them.)
As always and ever and always again, I love you, babe. <3






2 comments :

Rebecca said...

She's the best 20 year old I know! :-)

Abigail said...

...at least until September arrives, and you have one of your own!