2.22.2023

Weird Pictures I Took While Clearing the Yard of Burdock

 




For the last couple of years, a kingbird couple have made a springtime habit of raising their young in this pine tree, which means that for a few months, the younger children can't climb their favorite tree for fear of being dive-bombed by protective parents. After Zeke and I cleared the burdock that had grown up during our kingbird spring, Aidan and Lark scrambled up lickety-split. 











...while Cadence swung below.






2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I have a distinct memory of my mother pulling me aside and saying that a teacher called home and told my mother I needed to stop wearing dresses to school because I was always hanging upside down during recess...

Just another reason homeschooling is the best.

(PS. The call resulted in wearing biker shorts under dresses. NOT me becoming a bore.)

Abigail said...

That is SO great! I got the same lecture from a teacher when I was in elementary school, and we had to wear dresses or skirts to school from k-12, so it was a running problem.