3.24.2023

Hallowe'en 2022: All Due to Miyazaki

 




Here's a boring gif-- boring because I forgot that I usually make a gif, so the only thing of interest is Aidan shooting his arrow at the tripod and Zeke sticking his tongue out, because they're boys.


This was the most harrowing All Hallow's Eve yet. I took these pictures a few days after Hallowe'en, about 15 minutes before Annika needed to leave for work, which was rushed enough, but Hallowe'en night was worse yet. The three oldest girls, with Andrew and Corynn, drove 11 straight hours on Hallowe'en in order to get home just shy of six so they could slide into costumes I made while they were away and immediately go trick-or-treating.


Why on earth would they do this???!!!!
Because I'm a dummy, and they love me.


Going trick-or-treating was a sacrifice they made for their silly Mama. I am, and it was. It meant a lot to me that instead of crashing from an exhausting 5 days away, they chose to come along for what is now a fast diminishing number of trick-or-treating nights we all have together.  I love my family. Just look at them. What's not to love?




1 comment :

Rebecca said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo great! You are a wonder!