3.26.2023

Thanksgiving 2022








I have scant pictures from Thanksgiving. It was a good day with tables spilling over with food and a house spilling over with family. We had 40+ people we love milling about in every room, with conversation and the rowdy play of children mingling together to make a steady din. Happiness!






























The most memorable part of the day, by far, was Aunt Sarah's brainchild-- a thankfulness game she spearheaded, which taught us a bit about each other, and which resulted in bags of prizes (yes, multiple prizes per bag) for every single person in the house. Her creativity and generosity always add some spice to our gatherings. Thanks, Sarah.


And for these folks, bound together in blood and by our joint membership in the Body of Christ, I am grateful. God is good. 



 

3 comments :

Rebecca said...

That is a such a fun and full household. I LOVE IT.

And, as always, I am most impressed with the pie board. Not only are they stunning- but there are a ton of them. So much work goes into this day for you...I am certain some of the jewels of your crown in heaven will include frosted berries, sugar crystals and possible smell of cinnamon.

And IAN! What a darling!

Molly said...

I really cannot improve on Rebecca’s response but yes, the pie board is one of my favorite pictures - always! Your fall season is also one of my favorite posts in fact, when I opened your blog and saw the beautiful leaf garland, I got excited. ALL of your posts are exciting but fall in your part of the woods is the best ever! I wish I could have seen the colorful trees last year. The pictures are stunning. Your family is growing and beautiful! Thank you for welcoming us into your world!

Much love!

Abigail said...

There were more pies in the refrigerator! Maybe we'll have to start clearing off some extra shelves in the future. :)

Rebecca, IF I get a crown, I hope the Lord would not make it edible. There's no way it would last more than a minute before I gobbled it up!

Molly,
Someday, I hope you can see these trees in person! Until then, I'll try to start posting in a more timely fashion....maybe?