7.29.2022

First Haircut/ Thanksgiving/ Sick Day

 

The night before Thanksgiving, my mom, Joel, and Luke and Jae Ryong came for supper. Jae Ryong took one look at Ransom and said, "He has a mullet!"  


Yes, indeed.












So on Thanksgiving morning, while taking a picture of him with a baby pumpkin, I determined that after his nap I'd transform his mullet into his first Homeschool Haircut.




Well, he fell asleep on the couch in Mildred's arms and unexpectedly became hot and feverish. What better time to cut a baby's hair? I ask that only partly in jest, as scissors near a baby's head really are a better idea when said baby is fast asleep.










Goodbye, mullet. 















Hello, Homeschool Haircut.














He was not impressed with his first look, still being sick and all. Truth be told, it was a funny-looking haircut.











But at least no one can call him Mullet Head.






4 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

"Hide it under a mullet? NO! I'm gonna let it shine...."

Your babies are beautiful, no matter what you do (or don't do) to their hair!

He's so big - we need to see him soon!
And the rest of you, if possible!

Abigail said...


HA!

And, oh, my. You SHOULD see him now. His hair was almost in his eyes, and he looked so cute, but I gave him a haircut right before bed last week. He looks worse than with a mullet!

There's so much to catch up on! After Thanksgiving things should slow. Let me know when you all are free!

Rebecca said...

From first mullet to first homeschool haircut. Hilarious.

First haircuts make such grown up little boys. I found myself mostly noticing his cute little outfit, Millie's elegant little hair coil and your pretty poncho.

What a materialist I am.

Abigail said...


No, you just have an eye for detail!