7.21.2022

Graduation Times Two











Since they've hit a lot of milestones together, it made sense to combine Annika's and Hannah's graduation parties into one. In my mind I see them so clearly-- two young cousins playing in the rain outside our apartment window. Now, they're beautiful, talented young women.
How time does fly.





It's ridiculous, but the day was so hectic that I never got a picture of the two girls together, as much as I intended to. They were supposed to stand in front of the 2021!







At least I have pictures of pictures of them, right? Almost a substitute for the real thing...












































HEY, I got pictures of Annika and Hannah bashing the piƱata that Grandma Owen provided! That counts. 


























This room was stuffed, so no one got satisfactory pictures, but Justin made an AMAZING custom leatherbound (etched, hand-painted, the works) Lord of the Rings set for the graduates and some birthday folks. They came with accessories and were staggeringly fabulous. When even the homemade packaging for a gift is this elaborate, you know the gifts themselves are something singular.  I'm sending you here to see the rest. Incredible.

















The rest of the day was spent with volleyball and babies and talking and eating and walking and other things, I'm sure, in which I did not participate. LOOK WHAT I FOUND! HERE ARE MANY SNAPSHOTS I ALSO DID NOT TAKE. (The names of the photographers should be right on the photos.) We also celebrated Heidi's sweet 16th birthday. What a good chum, to share her big day with the graduates!
























































2 comments :

Rebecca said...

You are a master party-thrower. A beautiful party full of deliciousness and sweet touches, it was a great time.

One of my favorite party tricks that I have learned from you is how to do the pinata equitably... those baggies were brilliant. Any other pinata situation makes me cringe.

Abigail said...

Until I started doing that several years back, the pinata breaking was one of the most stressful parts of the party!