1.29.2020

Christmas Eve


Alas, I have no snapshots of our newest tradition: A three-hour heated exchange which results in choice representatives of Purdyville arriving for a short visit is now set in stone for each year. I was blindly writing Christmas cards all day long, and their visit was a pleasant interlude.

Older Traditions Involve Taking Terrible Snapshots for Which I am Not Ashamed:

Stocking-stretching (i.e. Mama helps her children rip holes in their Christmas stockings)





























Joel was relating Aquinas' view of stocking-stretching here.  Everyone was enthralled.






TRADITION: Hopefully, one she won't repeat next year, this babe materialized in front of me at 3 a.m. saying, "Me 'wake now! Me all 'wake now!" I gave her mokey and promptly returned her to bed.







The house was so messy, and time was so scant, that I had to make a terrible decision this year. I opted to make the house magically clean and forgo frosting the gingerbread people for THE FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE GINGERBREAD PEOPLE. I was sad about this but, mostly, I just could not do both.












There's no way I would have finished them by breakfast, anyway. By 5:30, just after I finished mopping, these ragamuffins were traipsing downstairs.










As well as this one, who told me, again, just how 'wake she was.
(Nice hair, girlie.)






5 comments :

Justin said...

That's a proper Purdy tradition: give someone knives, then start an argument with them. It's a good thing our friends are very few and carefully chosen, or we'd be victims of stabbing.

Millie said...

It was much, much longer than three hours....

Abigail said...

Huh. Time flies when you're having fun!

Justin,
I think you're safe because you ordered things correctly, and we didn't open the knives until after you pacified our bother and wrath with a visit. :)

Rebecca said...

Your kitchen beam... that is another thing I try not to covet.

Knives, stabbing and arguments. Why do I feel like I missed something good?

Abigail said...

Because you DID!
Next year, you're invited, too, even though we're going to try to skip the hours-long prelude to the visit. Bring sharp knives. :)