1.29.2020

On the Second Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me






One-day-belated gingerbread people!


I made Skylark an eyeball skirt, but she ate all the eyeballs when I was out of the room, so I made them polka dots, instead.  She also ate half the dinosaur, which my attempt at fixing turned into an dinosaur-like amoeba. 






Cadence did not eat anything, little lady.








Aidan under lock and key.







Ezekiel





Luci




Piper





Susannah






Annika, who requested a Big Smile.  I delivered.







And Lady Mildred Elise.






Half the fun, for me, is seeing the demolished and dismembered cookies a few minutes after they reach the table. 

















Aidan thinks it's funny, too.










Oops.





4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Are your gingerbread people delicious to eat? That sounds like a weird question but with the whole gingerbread house thing- I have only tasted disgusting gingerbread. Is there a possibility that gingerbread tastes good or is it always just a vehicle for cute icing designs and drawings?

Abigail said...

Yes, they are! The trick is a slightly thicker cookie and a nice layer of butter frosting. The frosting softens the cookie even more, especially if you put them in an airtight container. They are irresistible, as long as you don't hate molasses. I use unsulphured blackstrap molasses in these, and, as you can see, a few of the children aren't fans and have poor, pale, pasty sugar cookie people instead these days.

Abigail said...

p.s.
Plus, they're heavily spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and some other spices. If you don't like ginger, you won't like gingerbread. (Figures.)

Rebecca said...

I love molasses AND ginger... so can I request a nice little Build A Belly post some day? Maybe.... about 3 am on Christmas Morning 2021? ;-)

I would especially appreciate a multi-photo tutorial. HA!