1.29.2020

Up a Hill and Down Again


* I don't know which snapshots are mine and which are Millie's. Photo credit mixed!


It was the down-again part that most people liked best. We got our tree (and Mopsy's) the week before Christmas on the first clear day we could.



















That's not a walking mummy. It's me. I was miserably cold two minutes into it, and it only got worse. Way to go picking the windy, single-digits day, Abigail!







































































Look at the lucky specks on sleds!
This is one awesome sledding hill. All it needs is a lift.






 At the 3/4 point, I waited for the last few stragglers to get a turn on our 2 sleds.






















Millie and Aidan were FLYING. They nearly crashed into the shed at the bottom. Thrills!






And then we came back to warm up at Deborah's, conveniently located 5 minutes down the road. Also, we had to pick up Cadence, who wisely opted out this year and happily played with cousins while we got frostbitten. But, hey, according to Annika, who was airborne several times, that hill was better than the roller coaster with the 90-degree drop, so I guess we broke even.






5 comments :

Rebecca said...

So THAT's why you are so skinny! You trek up mountains for fun. Weirdo.

(The ride down looked pretty fun though!)

heidiann(e) said...

I love it all, but I must comment on how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo of the smooch between you & Glark.

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
Oh, for Pete's sake! The newest count is 30 pounds in 27 months, with no baby at the end of it. I'm shooting for #50in40 before I decide to do something about it. :) I barely made it up that hill without a heart attack. The worst part of it all is that since we only had two sleds, I had to WALK back down. I should have just had someone carry me down on a tree.

Abigail said...

Heidi,
Me, too. :) She is such a delight!

Abigail said...

It has been brought to my attention that I added an extra 12 months to the total, which means I deserve more credit. 30 pounds in 15 months is correct, so my new goal already needs adjusting to reach the impressive heights for which I always strive.

#50in20 is it, folks.
Feel free to join in!
Spread the word!
Hashtag freely!
WE CAN DO THIS...TOGETHER!