1.29.2020

No Better Way to Spend the Day



On the fourth day of Christmas, we had 40 Johnson bodies in the house for a whiz-bang get-together that ended with nearly every last one of those 40 getting the flu four or five days later. I have this handful of snapshots to show for the day, which was a wonderful time of catching up with people I love and of whom I see too little.


The twinnies and Susannah drawing. Teenagers all, they look startlingly lovely and grown here. How does this happen? It catches me by surprise every time.







I love these two pictures because
1. Rundy's expression as he looks down on Tadhg is pretty wonderful,




 and 2.
because I took these pictures mere moments apart and, suddenly, three little bodies appeared from nowhere.





Thomas gives a stirring rendition of...something stirring. (I don't remember.)






THIS IS WHERE THE GLAMOROUS SNAPSHOT OF YOU BELONGS, CANDIDA.   :)


Instead, here's one of a bunch of lovebirds.





And girls gaming.









And, to top it off, a tired Tadhg-Boy by the tree, car in hand.






2 comments :

Rebecca said...

In those first few pictures, Susannah looks like she is going to a prom or something?

When I exclaimed over her gorgeous hair, Corynn said "Oh- that is just her MESSY bun."

a-hem.

Why does her MESSY bun look more elegant than the up-do at my wedding?!
Totally not fair.

Abigail said...

I KNOW.

The girls just don't know how good they have it. These are the glory years for hair.