8.28.2020

Jim Thorpe Getaway




Last year, my sister (in-law) Sarah opened wide the door for a visit to their town by paying for us to stay at her friend's air bnb.  We had a fantastic week with Pete, Sarah, and their gang of boys, and by the end of our stay, our girls had also made fast friends with the girls next door.

So it was that this year, when too-generous Sarah again opened her pockets to pave the way for a visit, we were greeted at the air bnb with a personalized sign Olivia hung for us. What a difference one year makes!





I took the camera on a woodsy walk. The Dages ended up coming along for the six miles, which meant there were a lot of girls on the trail.






This girl and her beloved Papa. I don't believe she has a single drop of Johnson blood in her veins.


























Mopey.





































For the last part of the walk, I left the camera with the older girls and went ahead with the two littlest. I found a couple of dozen pictures like this on the camera when I got it back.








3 comments :

Heidi said...

Haha, I know NOTHING about those last photos! It was SOOOOO awesome to see you though!!!!!! I REALLY hope you com back next year!

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun! But, I am ashamed to say I paid more attention to the WHITE couches than anything. Ahhhh- white couches... So clean! So crisp! So perfectly suited for a RENTAL and not real life! ha!

Abigail said...

Heidi,
Us, too! We had a wonderful week!

Rebecca,
I enjoyed them while I could before returning to real life and brown everything.