8.28.2020

Not My Party-- Thank Goodness!


I spent the wee hours of the day after Millie and Candida's graduation party bleary-eyed, making some costume stuffs. The next night, for the occasion of a chum's 16th birthday party, the oldest three girls were visiting a mansion for a Harry-Potter themed sleepover. This amazing mansion, in fact.  Mary worked out a once-in-lifetime agreement with the owners in which she cleaned it for one week in exchange for their use of it, which made the whole thing possible. I would have had a nervous breakdown hosting such a thing, and I am glad Mary made it through in one piece! It was enormously enjoyable to spend a couple of hours marveling at this mansion and all the touches she added to turn it into Hogwarts. 

I just snapped these as I stared bug-eyed at everything, and they're not the greatest, but you get the idea, and I didn't take pictures of even a quarter of the magic that Mary and Co. worked with the decor.
























































































(photo by Millie)




(photo by Millie)
























The only reason I had my camera there at all was because Mary asked me to take a few pictures of the guests in costume. So, at last...these two-- predictably-- were both Quidditch players from Gryffindor. (My favorite part was the Golden Snitch on Annika's head. I figured if I couldn't make the rest of the costume in time, she could just be the Golden Snitch itself! Her lack of enthusiasm for this idea baffled me.)
















All the ladies, from left to right: Madame Trelawney, two Gryffindor quidditch stars, Mrs. Weasley (who dyed her hair brown for the occasion), the birthday girl in school uniform herself!, Madame Pince (librarian), Luna Lovegood, Susannah as Hedwig, and Bellatrix. I'm slapping all these on here so you can take your pick, Mary.








Third time's the charm, Corynn!

;)






The whole crew in one shot.








The gentlemen, left to right: Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Dumbledore, Ollivander (of Ollivander's Wands), and slimy old Filch.






The amazing hosts! McGonegall and Dumbledore (married in secret long ago in the past)




What we never learned from the books is that Trelawney and Filch were ALSO married in secret some time in the past.




I've never seen Filch so happy before!











 Mary, Martha, and Mercy, to round out the bunch.








2 comments :

Rebecca said...

That was SUCH an AMAZING party. It really could have EASILY been in a magazine. Mary astounds me.

Abigail said...

Ditto.

I was tired just imagining all that work!