8.28.2020

Piper Joy









I'm still not sure how it happens, but I know by now that it does, and will, no matter what. Little Pip-- our Pipsqueak-Pippilotta-Nut Berry-Lovey Dovey-Sugarplum-- is growing up. 

Proof positive? On June 1st, she turned 12 years old.


She requested a birthday breakfast that involved lemon buns with lemony cream cheese frosting. I was excited about this breakfast, which may be why I over-estimated how much frosting we'd need.









Birthday suppers are usually too involved and chaotic for me to remember to snap a picture these days, but Millie made Pip a delicious raspberry cream trifle for dessert, and I took a picture of our elegant birthday lady.







After supper (the which I do not remember except that it involved lots of frying, as birthday suppers generally do), we celebrated her properly with song and wishes.









Happy birthday, sweet girl! We loved you from the first moment we knew of you, and we are so glad to have you with us! May God grow you even more in the years to come.





1 comment :

Rebecca said...

What a beauty and a dear. Happy birthday... only a few months late!