8.28.2020

The Johnson Mansion



Sarah is an incredible cook, and she hosted our giant crew for two separate suppers, which pretty much puts her in saintly company. I was too busy gabbing to get out the camera, but I took this picture of half of the boys hanging out with some of the girls.








I have few pictures of the cousins even though we had all spent a glorious day at the lake together, with John on the hammock and me in the warm, clear water agreeing it was one of the most relaxing days of our summer. So relaxing, in fact, I didn't take a single picture. I don't regret it, except that I might have taken a picture of the boys scattering as soon as another family of girls joined up with the Dages girls and Owen girls in the water.  It was a definite girl overload. Next time, we'll bring an army of boys to even things up. :)



..and then later, I found these gems on the camera.
They're better than anything I would have taken, without a doubt.



















One of the highlights of the trip and of the whole summer for Annika and Susannah was Uncle Pete's spontaneous invitation to go on an evening hike. The girls saw their first rattlesnake, spent time with the bright and goofy boys, and got to see Uncle Pete "Mountain Goat" Johnson in action for the first time.

Pete took these pictures, and I'm slapping them here so that Johnsons Rule Jim Thorpe 2020 evidence is all in the same place.





























2 comments :

Rebecca said...

This summer has been full of adventures... wonder if you'll ever be able to top it?!

Abigail said...

2021, here we come...