8.28.2020

Well, It Happened

















This girl grew up. Mildred Elise graduated this year, and she just turned 18 last week. My emotions and thoughts are bundled together into one big mess, but, mostly, we are just so proud of who Millie was, who the Lord has grown her into, and who she is becoming. She is one of our greatest gifts, and we pray that God strengthens and equips her well for the future, whatever it holds, great joy and sorrow both.

And, oh, how we love her.

__________________________________________________


Though neither of them were eager to hop on the party train, I knew it had to be. Candida and Millie both graduating this year required a party, so have a party we must!

It was only a month after Annika's party, and many of the same guests were here, to the benefit of all. Really, I can't articulate how nourishing it was to see people of whom we've seen so little in the last year. To have everyone gather to celebrate and uphold these girls was the greatest gift.




















Maybe, just maybe, I teared up a bit making this poster.

































I intended to get a picture of Millie and Candida together.  I must have become very busy very quickly, because this is the closest I came to it! Cassie-- I leave beautiful portrait taking of the two together into your capable hands.  ;)








In the middle of the scurry, I noticed Uncle Eli tutoring Zeke in a game of chess.





And then, for the next several hours, I focused on the scurrying and took no pictures.


The next time I picked up the camera was when Justin and Evan unveiled The Most Amazing Gifts Yet, which, if you have been privy to Purdy gifts over the years, you will know is bound to be so much over-the-top that the top cannot even be seen.

Yup. A handmade box with a wood-burned inscription, beautifully enhanced with colorful resin by Justin, full of what else but homemade gourmet chocolates and an accompanying booklet of descriptive titles and poetry!  A proper post will come eventually, once I actually take pictures, but Millie's gifts from Purdyville this year were pretty darn overwhelming.









Since Corynn's birthday is around the corner, guess what she got?  Yes! Homemade gourmet chocolates!





Let's not forget Heidi and her birthday...homemade gourmet chocolates!!






What's this? Candida also graduated?!  Homemade gourmet chocolates all around!!!
I'm pretty sure neither Justin nor Evan slept for an entire week.






My last picture of the night was of these girls layered in ground rock dust from our driveway-- a byproduct of the well-drilling. Ineke was so sad and Cadence so happy that I asked Ineke if she wanted me to take a picture so she could see how gray her hair was. She sniffled and agreed, and here's the funny result. For once in their lives, Cadence looks happier than Ineke!




3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Here again- every detail just shines.

What a beautiful day. What a beautiful girl!

And what REMARKABLE chocolates! (YUM)

Rebecca said...

Ps. I really, really REALLY love that last picture. The difference in the girls' faces just makes me chortle.

Abigail said...

Someday Ineke will appreciate me taking it. ;)