6.29.2023

Simple Truth

 

More deaths than that of flesh
Exist to rend a heart in two.

__________________________________


The last two months have been most like the December and January after my father's sudden death, a time of grief that finds its echo in those who grieve the same. This time, too, has loss that reaches beyond the present and is marked by clear recognition of a future bereft.
The similarities surprise me.

In the midst of this stirs something Other, a new, little life who deserves far more attention than what I've given him or her so far. My Heart and I were happily astonished on St. Patrick's Day by a green shoot of life curling sunward. For this new baby, we have only joy and gratefulness and celebration.

PitterPat-- a quiet sign of God's grace in hard places.  

___________________________________



Snapshots for shotsnaps? 
Sure thing.


Here are the five lonely photos rattling around on my camera.




















5 comments :

Rebecca said...

I just put those first two lines in my commonplace quote book. Broken. True. Beautiful.

So thankful for your little Pitterpat!! And with a name, we can talk about him/her more often!

May the many strokes, swishes, pushes and pats stirring within you in these months of pregnancy, charge you countless times a day (and throughout those sleepless nights) to remember "God is good!" "God is good!"

God is with you even more constantly and wholly than the baby within your womb. How crazy is that?

We love you already Pitterpat!

Abigail said...

They were part of a longer poem I wrote and then scrapped entirely except for the first two lines. They're what mattered, anyway.

PitterPat FINALLY started moving a bit a few days ago, the latest baby to do so, so those needed reminders may come less frequently than we'd like. Maybe pray that PitterPat starts karate-chopping me ferociously on the minute 24 hours a day? ;)

Thanks for your utter joy in welcoming this baby. I appreciate you every last time. <3

Molly said...

What joyous news to learn of a babe on the way! We’re so happy for all of you!! And we know children are a Blessing of the Lord. Praising God for His continued care and love of the Owen Family.💕

Full of Grace said...

It's been a while since I've stopped by but I'm so glad that I did. Not only photos and updates, but BIG Updates.. A baby and a Wedding! Hooray for both and extra congratulations on this new babe coming to join your family. So happy for you <3

Abigail said...

Thank you, Molly and Elizabeth!
We are so glad about this baby.

And, Molly, I am so, so sorry that I have been email-absent. I keep waiting for life to slow down, but I'm just going to have to write you in the midst of it all!