6.08.2023

Putting on the Clown Nose

 

...in which Abigail makes the executive decision to go 'round the mulberry bush and ignore real life for the superior form of living-- blogging old snapshots.

________________________________________________________________

Last night week my brother Joel and I were talking about writing, and I self-disparagingly said, "I write blog posts," forgetting for a minute that I don't even do that much anymore.

"Oh," he said, in a moment of encouragement, "But your blog posts are good!" before pausing and saying, "Well, they used to be before you starting just piling old pictures on." 

Then we both started laughing.

Some time has passed from those days when I would occasionally think about what I wrote on here as I wrote it. THESE days, folks, are the days of post-a-million-crummy-pictures-in-a-rush-and-catch-up-any-way-you-can, with thought-provoking titles like "May-ree Christmas."

Enjoy.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Oh man, can I relate to this. I made a goal for myself to write 10 minutes a day this year (thinking it was a time problem) but all I do is sit down and stare. It is like I have no worthwhile thoughts. I may have lost the ability to formulate thoughtful sentences.

On the upside- I enjoy your slapdashery blog photo posts of this season you are in too.

Abigail said...



I admire you for even making that goal! I think I'm past the point of trying right now. Perhaps, someday, we can both begin again.