1.22.2023

V-Day 2022




Valentine's Fancy-Pants Breakfast: Per usual, I made heart-shaped pancakes and fruit shake, and they opened their valentines and stuffed goodie bags from Grandma and Grandpa Owen. Behold a happy smattering of little boys and a bevy of beautiful girls. Uhhhh, except this one. She takes after her mother, poor thing.


















For lunch I must have made chicken soup with vaguely heart-shaped carrots and heart-shaped doughnuts, because-- look-- I have two pictures.










 

I don't think I took any pictures of the many, many valentines the children made, save for one of my favorites-- Luci's valentine to Uncle Joel. Despite their constant teasing, the children are pretty fond of the self-proclaimed "favorite uncle" (brainwash them enough and it'll happen), and Luci knows that Joel and Sonic go waaaaay back.







It's hard to believe it's almost time for the annual "Turn the House into a Valentine Factory for Three Straight Days." Sigh. I'm really looking forward to it.


p.s. Luci, a.k.a. "your favorite niece": brainwash Uncle Joel enough, and it'll happen.






2 comments :

Abigail said...

lot of these things I'm posting about are "hard to believe." I think this is the third time I used the phrase! It's hard to believe that I can't think of more unique ways to express myself.

Abigail said...

A.