10.06.2017

Flesh and Blood Needs Flesh and Blood






Today's the day. I've been riding a silver rocketship to the moon for sixteen years with my best friend-- the best companion for quiet or chaos- yet more now with eight budding astronauts stuffed in between the seats. I sit brimful of love for this man and these people and couldn't ask for anything more. 


*Because I KNOW some of you are wondering, Lightning LaBolt, though 10 days "overdue" from the initial due date, is still in my big ol' belly and will arrive when he or she is ready, whenever that may be.

**How is it that this is the only picture we have of us as a family of ten before we turn into an eleven?  A newspaper man snapped it of us as we exited the carousel the week after Cadence was born.  It's time to visit the carousel again, I guess.

5 comments :

Molly said...

I love this picture! Such a beautiful family!!

We've been praying, wondering and blog-watching for the "big reveal" so this update is really special.

We will continue to pray, wonder and blog-watch until Lightning LaBolt enters this world. Can't wait!

Much love to all!

sarah said...

Hooray for a happy anniversary and a really wonderful family birthday! I really can't tell you what joy your family brings me through this blog! Love you guys!

Nanno said...

Still watching, still waiting...

=)

Farmgirl said...

Popped on here to see if there was news of the arrival variety--- and found this lovely picture. All the best as you continue to watch and wait!

Anonymous said...

The MONTH after Cadence was born. Oops.

(From: me, Abby)