12.27.2023

Baby Well-Born


 

2024 is nearly here, and I haven't blogged half of 2023. It was a hard year, which is hard to blog.

I bought the fanciest camera I'll ever own, and I've almost entirely stopped taking pictures.

I've come nearer than I ever have to closing up shotsnaps for good, and it's a mass of loose threads and gaping holes. Before the new year elbows out the old, though, I want to share a few crummy phone photos of the best part of the year, with more story to come in the future if I ever follow through on good intentions. (Elizabeth Frances! These are for you!)

Mallory Mirth practically fell into our arms on December 14th, and John and I marveled at her as if she was our first baby. This sweet girl of ours is a full-heart-spilling-over gift to two middle-aged geezers and their children, and we are full of love and gratitude.

The best papa. I love this man.



And here's an almost real-time photo Millie just took on her phone.




10 comments :

elizabethfrances said...


Thank you! What a miracle!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Love to all of you.
More to come in an email.

Nanno said...

Congratulations!!! I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately and hoping all went well. Just last night I was wondering if maybe you'd had a baby girl on Christmas and named her Noel. ;-)
Got your card and am looking forward to that 3-hour phone conversation soon. 2023 was a hard year for us too, but the Christmas season was extra festive this year and I hope that's a good omen for 2024. God bless your family and little Mallory Mirth!

Sarah said...

NOOOOOO closing down shotsnaps!!!!! What would I do without the photo updates of my favorite middle age geezers & their perfect babies????? Oh yeah, and Welcome Mallory!!!

Farmgirl said...

Joyous, joyous, news! What a face! What a perfect arrival to this world. She is precious, and we are glad for your news. <3 (Hoping you don't fully close down shotsnaps, though I've barely blogged enough to warrant this request, myself.)

Molly said...

Mallory Mirth Owen, precious child of God! We’re so glad you are safe in very loving arms. You are a beauty, as are all of your siblings. We sure hope your sweet mama keeps blogging so we can watch you grow, dear one. All praises to God for your creation. Wonderful news!
Much love!

Leah said...

Congratulations on the birth of your precious little girl! What a joy she must be to you all! (I'm just a teensy bit jealous that some of my children have seen and even held her already! ;) <3) I can hardly wait to see you all again and see little Mallory Mirth in person.

heidiann(e) said...

Praise God for this wonderous gift!
Welcome wee Mallory. What a blessing.

God is so good.

Abigail said...

Thanks, all! She's a sweet beauty, and we're soaking her up.

(And, Leah, Johnny almost stole her to take home to the North Country, so you almost met her! ;) )

Sarah Tate said...

Hooray and congratulations on your beautiful girl! What perfect joy!!!

Rebecca said...

Oh- that pink picture so perfectly captures her little blossom lips.

She is a joy to many.