7.05.2024

Real Time-- How to be a Prepper, Baby Clothes Edition


The children and I just got back from a rummage sale. Deborah had arrived there about an hour before we did, and she'd set aside some gorgeous children's clothes for us-- some brand new with tags!

When we got home, [Redacted] saw a dress that Debbie had picked up for Mallory and fell in love with it, halfheartedly trying to convince me to set it aside for her someday (Lord willing) baby. I refused to, one-- because Debbie thought of Mallory and not a nonexistent baby when she found it, two-- I love the dress and want my baby to wear it, and, most importantly-- [REDACTED] IS [REDACTED] YEARS OLD, UNMARRIED, AND HAS NO BABY."

When I pointed out this minor truth to her, she sighed, "Yeah, well, I'll probably never get married."

"Exactly!" I replied, "So why on earth would I save this dress for you?"

"I'll adopt!" was the cheery rejoinder.

I countered with, "Your baby deserves a father...." to which she smoothly replied, "Well, I'm going to adopt a husband first."

No comments :