7.14.2006

Rejoice!

My mom called today...

Good news makes my heart hop!

August was taken off of the heart and lung machine a few days ago and put on another, similar machine. His second lung began to properly inflate, and after pumping gunk out of his lung, the x-rays showed that the lung was clear, so last night, doctors began to wean him off the second machine. He's been completely off the heart and lung machine for a few hours now, and his oxygen levels are still within an acceptable range.

If all goes well, he will be eventually be taken off the respirator, and instead of being fed intravenously, he will be tube-fed, which means that he can be nourished with his momma's milk.

Praise the Creator for tenderly caring for His creation!

Thank you all for your faithful prayers. Please continue praying for August to improve more and more in the coming days.

p.s. I'm having a garage sale. Today's episode is almost over. We've covered a faultless, grassy bank with pounds of junk and 1,500 books (give or take one hundred). Yep. 1,500.

6 comments :

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Go August
It's your birthday...

Anonymous said...

That's great news!

1,500 books? Does that mean you are getting rid of all your books? Isn't that traumatic? I think I would find it easier to sell all my clothes, and all my dishes, before I sold all my books . . .

Michelle P said...

So glad to hear August is improving!

When is the yard sale? I may just have to see this sight for myself. :)

Griffen said...

Praise God! He is SO faithful...
We'll keep praying for that perfect healing.

sarah said...

Yes- praise the Lord! I am so glad glad glad for the little man! and his family too...

Leah said...

How did I not hear of such wonderful news sooner?!?! I'm so glad Augustine is doing well! And I'm sure he's going to THRIVE on his mama's milk!!!