12.23.2012

SIZZLE! and BOOM! and POW!

Like a cannon-man wearing smoke and a spandex suit, shooting toward the spotlight, here's a post.
Blog long defunct, I am not sorry.  Reader (or two?) long neglected, I am perhaps a little bit sorry.  Life seasons being what they are, and this one being of particular busyness, shotsnaps faced the axe.  I didn't deliberately choose neglect; it simply happened. You may be thankful that I treat my children better than I treat my blog.

Here is a crumb to chew on until that time when I flood this space with such a potent mix of excessive snapshots and words that you wish the internet was never invented.

So for you, my faithful few, I share a rarity near miraculous!  A sight long unseen!  A scarce and skittish creature!...

An Owen Family Photo.

Actually, I give six snapshots, plus a bonus, with variations so slight that only I can spot them.  (And, no, that's not a challenge, but if you spy them, I'll give you a lollipop!) Today I requested our first ever Fancy Family Photo, and John stoically faced the lens with its click-click-click.  TODAY!  This is as close to real-time blogging as you're likely to get from these parts.





Those of you with more than one family photo under your belt are probably better at this than we are.




Out of the thirty pictures, Zeke was showing off his admittedly fine belly in nearly half, 




while in the other half, the aptly named Pip showed her stuff.




Here's your BONUS:



But, look!  After scrubbing behind our ears, going to church, unpacking the van, shoving aside the living room debris to create a small oasis of clean, and asking Piper to please stop making faces at the camera, we look spiffy, if I do say so myself.  (Which I just now did...)
 

ATTENTION: Grandmothers, don't print these just yet.  You just might be seeing some as part of your Christmas present.

13 comments :

Titi said...

In snapshot 3, I am sorry to inform you that Susie Wren is beginning to look elegant, which is to say (sorry!), she's growing up. Because rolly-polly cherubs do not lot elegant.

(P.S. I need to send you a large envelope in the mail. It will make you and your girls smile, but first I have to be un-absent-minded enough to get it to the mail box. No holding your breath, please, I know CPR but I don't like to perform it.)

Farmgirl said...

I love, love, love this post. It was more than worth the wait. Though I will never wish to un-invent the internet with your photos. Merriest of Christmases to your family!

Sarah Tate said...

Merry Christmas to me! Abigail has posted! I love it. Your family is lovely! Love love love!!!

Unknown said...

Love your photos! Gorgeous family, for sure. Praying you all are doing well! Merry Christmas!!!

Molly said...

As I prepared for the night's rest I decided to take one more peak at email before shutting it all down. I started with your blog and to my delight there was your newest post and picture - what a great gift! David and I both were commenting on how beautiful your family is...and so grown up! Thank you for taking the time to post an update. Merry Christmas, dear ones.

Much love!

elizabethfrances said...

Awesome. So great to see John too!

Abigail said...

T-squared,
I know. Sometimes she seems more lovely and less little to me.

Michelle,
To you, as well! I need to become a faithful blog addict again. It's been too long.

Sarah, Kiley, Molly, Elizabeth (all at once because Zeke just decided he needs me in the living room):
Merry Christmas to you all! I just got back from NEW YORK CITY thanks to my awesome SISTER-IN-LAW! I'm vacationing in LONG ISLAND! I'm eating BUCKETS OF CANDY! The excitement and sugar are making me use ALL CAPS AND LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS! Happy New Year!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My family is rather handsome, but I can't trust my own judgement in this.)

Abigail said...

p.s. Did anyone notice that Millie has no legs in the last several photos? Oops.

Rebecca said...

Loveliness. Sheer. Pure. Beautiful loveliness.

I laugh at Piper's expressions but even more funny is the calm and cheerfulness with which Mildred has endured her leglessness. ha! Did you notice?

John was a real chum to give you what you undoubtedly consider your finest gift of Christmas. It is a doozy!

Rebecca said...

You did, so I read.

Why do I read comments AFTER I post my own? That is just dumb. And nosy too.

heidiann(e) said...

yay!

you all look timelessly lovely. which makes me think of the old cameras that took minutes to set the exposure. HOW did they do that with children?!?

thanks for posting this.
i miss you all.

xo.

Abigail said...

Rebecca.
Not nosy at all. Comments are half the fun of blogs! The other half is comprised of legless Mildreds.

Heidi,

They didn't use children. Those were actually dummies. (I think.)
Or maybe they were just threatened with a sound whuppin'. (Maybe.)

Missing turned right back at you, Phil, and the little bird. We still have a plastic bowl to pick up! (See how smart I was to do that? Now we're guaranteed a visit by July, at least.)

Liana said...

LOVE this. Your family is so flawlessly beautiful!
Thanks for sharing, again, all your fabulousness of life :)

The girls are getting so big...and Mr. Zeke is adorable!

Merry Christmas, Miss Abigail!
~Liana