1.04.2013

Because I Should Not Be Blogging Right Now...

Here's a lackluster start.  Way back at the beginning of July, year of our Lord 2012, we vacationed in Long Island.  Remember?  That's the last time I put up more than our first family photo.

Too many days have passed to do our summer visit justice, especially considering we just returned a few days ago from our winter visit to the same lovely home and the same loving family.  Posting these with winter wind and snow framing the backdrop puts me out of sorts, so this will be short.

Dude outdid himself with the blooming borders and beds this year.  Their garden-yard is (was) gorgeous, thanks to his artistic eye and a heap of work.




Ezekial was 2 and a half months old here.  Oh, the sweetness.




The annual summer-with-the-cousins photo, courtesy of Sarah borrowing the Fancy Camera.  (All photos in this post from this point on, excepting the last, were taken by Sarah.)  I should have given her the camera the moment we arrived.  Look at these beauties!

 



Pretty girls Anna and Alex with the Boy.





Alex and Zeke.




Anna and Trevor. 





During our week, they spoiled us at the water park (!!! but no pictures) and with a Huge Cookout with Piles of Food and Lots of Nice People, including Aunt Karen, who made me laugh a lot and who, as I discovered, reads this blog (Hullo, Aunt Karen!).




Other highlights were conversation, always enjoyed, with sister-in-law April, who dotes on the babes something fierce, 



 

hours spent in the pool (I may have taken a dip or two myself),



 


a bubble machine unveiled at dusk, 

 


and visits with neighbor-friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Sorry for all the exclamation points; however, I'm sure you can see the events warrant exclamation points. To balance them out, we also slept a lot, because what's a vacation without sleeping?





More will come.
I figure if I chug through summertime in the next week and tackle fall the week after that, maybe shotsnaps will be caught up to the weather outside (which is frightful) before spring! 

No comments :