1.09.2013

As Great as Ever

Faithful readers-- and, really, who am I kidding? If you're reading this, you're a faithful reader-- know that, in a tradition dating from my childhood, we cap off each summer with a trip to the state fair. Each year, I subject you to pictures of Turtle Mound, the Rainbow Milk Bar, the butter sculpture, and the Big Top in miniature. I'm not one to disappoint, so here is this (last) year's batch.
Turtle Mound.


 




Piper left secret codes in Indian Village.



Then, when we entered the longhouse,





she ignored all else and left some more. Suspicious.



John, bless his bones, humors us every year and carts us through the thick of things he couldn't be less interested in,



even things such as the Rainbow Milk Bar! 






The butter sculpture!





Trout and turtles!




The beginning of the sand sculpture!







Walking tree-folk! (Susie is asking here if she can touch it. We said yes.)







The Big Top in miniature! Elaborate train sets!



 







A circus with riding ladies!







And acrobats from Chile!






And a fire-breathing ringmaster!





 Even though the girls took many pictures, this is all I've got to show for it.
Ending with a fizzle...

4 comments :

Laura said...

Thank you for the Great New York State Fair photos. It warms my heart every year. Since I haven't been able to get back as much as I like, I drink milk vicariously through you.

Your children are as lovely as ever!

Abigail said...

It makes me happy to know this!

If I had time, I'd post the dozens more I found on the camera (got to stop letting the girls take "just one picture"). And you prefer chocolate milk, I hope? :) We drank our way through 40 tickets by the end of the day.

Laura said...

There's another option? ;)

Abigail said...

You win. :)