1.20.2013

Why Bother

Here's yet another post to interest no one. Canning tomatoes. How exciting!

It actually was exciting, considering all 65 plants I'd begun from seed and nurtured to 5-foot plants were struck by blight and died within a matter of weeks. My cousin's wife generously loaded boxes and boxes of tomatoes on us, and my mom pitched in a few, too, so we were able to can enough for our winter sauces, stews, and soups. Hurrah!


Onward, ho.  Canning tomatoes.  There always has to be a girl or two on the table in order to can things properly.



 


Here are a few pictures of my helper-elves.


Pip worked best while wearing a funny face. 
Luci worked best wearing the classy apron-and-not-much-else combo.




And this odd duck worked best with Marge eyes and my apron.



1 comment :

Molly said...

The best helper-elves ever! One must have the right attire for the job and your helper-elves know how to dress the part:-)

Much love!