1.20.2013

Go Ahead, Laugh

It's perfectly all right to laugh at the fact that this past summer I made baby gifts for two 4 year-old nephews and one 2-year old nephew. After you laugh, though, please note that I did make the baby gifts.  
 
I don't know if keeping one's word has an expiration date, but, if not, I delivered.

Delivered: one shirt for Nickel Pickle, acrobat extraordinaire.

 


Delivered: shirts for Simeon, Lover of Little Things, and Henry with the Will of Steel.

 

I know the craftsmanship is lacking, but I was so delighted with myself for thinking of interchangeable outfits for the gingerbread man.  That is, I was delighted with myself until I realized that Simeon, though a passionate champion of gingerbread men, probably wouldn't have the patience to change the man himself, which would make outside help necessary. (Sorry, Sarah.  Seriously, I'm sorry.)
 
 

In the spirit of making gifts either at inappropriate times or inappropriate sizes, I made my first clothing garment (apart from aprons) for Sigrid.  I was intimidated, even though I used the easiest skirt tutorial in the entire world. Since the material was printed, I slightly altered the pattern so the trees weren't upside down in the back, and since the material was thin, I added an enclosed brown lining, and then I made some ruffles to hide the ugly, crooked stitching on the front, which I hope makes up for the equally drunken stitching visible on the inside. (Don't look, Heidi!)
 
 

Sigrid is a dear and darling little baby, but because newborns receive ten million outfits in size 0-3 months, I sensitively made this one humongous.  Then, after I gave it to her, I told her I needed to keep it for an extra week so that I could enter it in the county fair.  (Friends don't mind tacky friends.)





Aren't I thoughtful?  It won't even fit Sigrid for a couple of years. Don't ask me how I know this. 
   





I just know, okay?


 

(The skirt had to be pinned for Luci, Heidi, so there might be some taking in in your future.)




4 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

oh, i CANNOT wait for Sig to be sporting this woodland elf skirt. I may need to borrow your elves in the event that i really can't wait.

i love it.

Molly said...

I love all of your gift ideas. You are so talented! I am sure each recipient was well pleased.
Much love!

Abigail said...

H,
You're welcome to borrow them, but no more wearing of Sigrid's clothing allowed! I put my foot down.

M,
Thanks. :)

Rebecca said...

oh.the.cuteness.