1.20.2013

It's a Wonderful Life

This is true. Also, and not entirely unrelated, our gentle counselor Mildred Elise turned ten years old in August.


 

 


Millie doesn't always care for me trapping her in photography, so she doesn't feature on shotsnaps as prominently as she does in our lives and hearts.


 


She is a great help to me.  She is thoughtful and stubborn and practical and confident and vulnerable and has a corny sense of humor.  She is hopelessly attached to books.  When watching film or reading books, she belly-guffaws unreservedly, with a wholehearted enjoyment and an enviable lack of self-consciousness.  I love this about her.

 
 


She loves flowers, chickens, dogs, cats, horses-- especially horses-- and dolphins.

And fancy dresses.

And ratty sweatpants.

 
 


Also, though these sober pictures don't show the sparkle, she's a complete goose, and we love her greatly.

To ten and beyond, my little Bumpkin!
 

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

we love her too!

Rebecca said...

All your girls are so lovely. All of them. And I don't just mean on the outside, though that is certainly true too.

I am so thankful that God has given my children such good children with whom to be friends.

Abigail said...

R,
Right back at ya.
Wooowee, Mama!