1.20.2013

Hourglasses are Unnecessary

During harvest and canning season, which always seems to stretch interminably long by the time October rolls around, I often measure the hours in a day by the jars lined up at day's end. This particular day lasted over FIFTY quarts-- I mean hours-- long. Now you know why I was so exhausted by the time we finally started school.




And just because they're so pretty, here are some jars of pluot jam cooling upside-down on the counter.


 


(What a weirdo.)

 

2 comments :

Molly said...

I am amazed at how much you do and love seeing your garden bounty whole, chopped and canned. Beautiful photos, so colorful and such a reminder of God's goodness. The jam picture is lovely and certainly not weird. I think these photos should be published in a cookbook with their recipes!!!!! Hint, hint.

Much love!

Abigail said...

:) I'm barely even keeping buildabelly alive!