11.13.2013

Bare Feet: Sunflowers: An Old Truck

I've been ignoring my camera, which kind of correlates to the candy-eating, movement-avoiding, and overall tired-Abigail, and which perpetuated the let's-ignore-blogging-again phase, but two days ago, I took ALL of these pictures in a short space of time. What does one do with a pocketful of pictures? Slap them on a blog, of course.  What else are they good for?  (Grammar buffs: For what else are they useful?) You can thank this entire blog glut on Monday's prison break.

 Luci forced my camera hand when I was watching her and Pippi play with a window in between us.  The wind had blown both sets of chimes off the cherry tree, which is the surest sign both that wild winter is back and that they need to be packed away until spring.  The discovery delighted her, and she danced around with the chimes in her hand, and....

 I just had to put boots on and go outside, camera in hand.

Thanks for nothing, cute child.

















And as long as I was already towing my camera, I took a picture of Fruity scratching a stick






and Piper helping with the harvest of sunflower heads.





At least she chose appropriate footwear.







 Rats, I like this girl, so I took a few more pictures. 






C'mon, girls!  Stop it!  Don't you know your candy-hog Mama needs to go sit on the couch like a lump?












Look at her.  She just doesn't care.









 

If you can believe it, matters grew yet worse.  Susannah noticed me taking pictures of Pip and started posing.  She'd freeze in funny positions, hoping I'd take note of her.  So I did.

Here she is, the goose.

 

And then Zeke came running over.  It was 30 degrees out.  He needed a coat.  I took a few pictures to warm him up, instead.











I have other children, too.  Imagine that!





It started out as a simple truck,






but with fifteen minutes of Mildred's diligence, it became something greater.


 



I don't take many pictures of her.  I can't imagine why...  Look how much she loves it when I do!



 



 



 








Luci again?!  Sorry.  She just looks winsome holding things.















Because I need to go finish breakfast before all the girls wake up, I'll just give you the rest in a jumbled heap.  


 


























 
 

7 comments :

Titi said...

Susie and Millie both took turns looking like you in this slew, and you know I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Mildred's face is becoming more like yours as she ages.

Abigail said...

Without reservation, I'll take it! I'm learning to not critique any comments that compare any of my offspring's faces to mine. (Tho' I do feel sorry for the poor dears...)

heidiann(e) said...

I love these photos!

heidiann(e) said...

I just noticed Annie is wearing your brown hat. That makes me happy.

And I love how the photos of Piper look drained of all color, except for her. Stunning.

Abigail said...

Not only is Annie wearing my brown hat from college days, but SUSIE is wearing my cream hat from just-after-college days. The robbers. It's no wonder I'm cold.

(That's what I liked about those pictures, too. She fairly glowed against the browns.)

Molly said...

I LOVE the creativity from the minds of your children!!! Great photos and great fun.

Much love!

Rebecca said...

I particularly love the ones of Piper- they seem almost as if they should be sepia but then, Bright Pippi stands out in full color...like a painting.